Coding and Marking System
Contact Sales at Lead Tech Team
The development trend of fiber laser marking machine in the future is mainly reflected in the following two aspects:
(1) Improvement of fiber laser performance: How to improve output power and conversion efficiency, optimize beam quality, shorten gain fiber length, improve system stability and make it more compact and compact is the focus of future research in the field of fiber lasers.
(2) Development of a new type of fiber laser: In the time domain, ultrashort pulse mode-locked fiber lasers with a smaller duty cycle have always been a hot spot in the laser field. High-power femtosecond pulses Fiber lasers have always been a long-term goal pursued by people. In the frequency domain, broadband output and tunable fiber lasers will become a research hotspot.
The research of fiber laser has been started since the end of 1980s, because it can generate ultrashort pulse , Has very broad application prospects, so countries around the world have shown great enthusiasm for fiber laser research. Compared with other types of lasers, fiber lasers have outstanding advantages such as high reliability, simple structure, low price, and high conversion efficiency.
Domestic research in this field has also been carried out relatively early, and a lot of research results have been obtained both theoretically and experimentally. However, compared with foreign countries, there is still a big gap. In particular, there are relatively few studies on high-performance fiber lasers, and the work done in practical applications is far from enough, and the effect is not very satisfactory. Therefore, it is necessary to further strengthen the research on passively mode-locked fiber lasers.
In 1963, Snitzer reported for the first time a fiber laser doped with Nd, 10, and thus started the upsurge in fiber laser research. Especially in recent years, with the progress made in the design and manufacture of optical fibers, the output of fiber lasers has continued to increase, and the CW output power of a single optical fiber device has risen from the hundreds of watts to the kilowatts. At the same time, the improvement in manufacturing technology of high-quality optical fiber with large cladding diameter and large numerical aperture makes it easy to achieve effective coupling with the pump power of the diode.
The most significant advantage of fiber lasers is their extremely high pumping efficiency. Under normal circumstances, the pump conversion efficiency is 70%-75%, which is much higher than that of industrial diode pumped solid-state lasers (DPSSL). Such a high conversion efficiency reduces the cooling and power requirements of the laser system, and can be more compact than traditional solid-state lasers. In addition, the all-fiber structure can provide a very robust and highly reliable package design. Moreover, fiber lasers can significantly enhance the output beam quality.
Another important advantage is that fiber laser technology can greatly extend the life of the device (compared with the current DPSSL). This advantage has made the industrial laser companies paying attention to fiber lasers continue to increase their investment in recent years. , Because long-term reliability work is very important from the application level. Fiber lasers also have other advantages: because the laser medium of the fiber laser is a guided wave medium, it has high efficiency; the fiber laser can be easily connected to the current optical fiber transmission system efficiently; the fiber core can be made very thin, which can achieve high power Density; the heat dissipation performance of the fiber is good, so the fiber laser has a high conversion efficiency and a very low threshold; the output wavelength of the fiber laser covers a very wide range, from 400 to 3400nm, which can meet the needs of various applications. Communication, military, medicine, etc. have very good application prospects. The advantages of fiber lasers determine the future dominant position of fiber laser marking machines.
As a representative of the third-generation laser technology, fiber lasers have the following advantages:
(1) The low manufacturing cost of glass fiber, the mature technology and the feasibility of the fiber The advantages of miniaturization and intensiveness;
(2) The glass fiber does not need to have a strict phase matching of the incident pump light like a crystal, which is due to the non-uniform broadening of the glass matrix caused by Stark splitting and the absorption band The reason is wider;
(3) The glass material has extremely low volume-to-area ratio, fast heat dissipation, low loss, so the up-conversion efficiency is high, and the laser threshold is low;
( 4) The output laser wavelength is many: this is because the energy level of rare earth ions is very rich and there are many kinds of rare earth ions;
(5) Tunability: due to the wide energy level of rare earth ions and the fluorescence spectrum of glass fiber Wider.
(6) Since the fiber laser has no optical lens in the resonant cavity, it has the advantages of adjustment-free, maintenance-free, and high stability, which is unmatched by traditional lasers.
(7) The fiber export makes the laser easily competent for various multi-dimensional and arbitrary space processing applications, making the design of the mechanical system very simple.
(8) Competent in harsh working environment, with high tolerance to dust, shock, impact, humidity and temperature.
(9) There is no need for thermoelectric cooling and water cooling, just simple air cooling.
(10) High electro-optical efficiency: The comprehensive electro-optical efficiency is as high as 20%, which greatly saves power consumption during work and saves operating costs.
(11) High power, the current commercial fiber laser is six kilowatts.